Wednesday, 27 July 2016

10mm Seven Years War, Swedes - Pendraken

Hi All,

This week I've completed a selection of Swedish SYW units. These include infantry regiments Upplands, Södermanlands & Varvade (two of each); plus a Västgöta regiment of horse.

I really enjoyed their uniform colours, the blues & yellows working together so well. Because all the uniforms are so similar I chose to batch paint them all together, saving about two days working time.

I also got the opportunity to try out some of the new 'One Coat' Warcolours paints. These are highly pigmented, extra opaque paints & work fantastically well straight from the bottle. The yellow, black & white colours really impressed me & I intend to use them a lot more in future. If you want to give them a try, please visit my website's ABOUT page, where I can link you to Warcolours & earn commission from any of your purchases.

One last note, on the way I'm now preparing the minis for painting. I've always used large sticks/tongue depressors to attach the minis to for painting, I do this with double sided tape. These were then attached to corks (weighted with a coin) with poster tack, which would sometimes become detached. I've started to resin glue the sticks to the corks (for a solid hold) & I've cut the corks in half. The half corks are more stable & easier to manipulate, again speeding up the painting process.

Pics:







As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment