For those that regularly follow my daily posts I apologise for my lack of updates. More on that after today's post.
Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight was completed today, colours agreed between the customer & myself. The robe was primarily painted with the airbrush, which is great for painting robes. The remainder was brushwork.
Next in line for this commission is 'Forsaken', which I plan to complete tomorrow & then its onto the 'Blighted Nyss Hex Hunters'.
Ive spent a lot of last week (whilst bed bound with man flu) thinking about ways I can improve my business. I was especially concerned about how I use my time & how much I get paid. I contacted several other Pro-Painters, as well as customers to get their take on things & was overwhelmed with all the great advice I got in return. Rather than explaining everything in detail, I'll summarise what I intent to change over the coming months:
- Improve my website. It needs to be simpler to use, with less detail & made better accessible to phones/tablets
- Daily updates are gone! These will only happen at the start & end of projects, saving at least an hour a day
- My prices are too low & I offer too many painting levels/options. These will be updated with the new website
- 1-2-1 tuition is being arranged (all being well next week) with non other than Tommie Soule (Golem Painting Studio), he will help me to be a more proficient painter.
- Lastly, (though not directly linked to Mickey's Minis) I plan to set-up a Facebook group for Pro Painters. This will enable like-minded professionals get together, share tips/knowledge/info.
I want to ensure that I'm doing the best by my customers & myself with the service I provide.
As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).