Today I completed my first project since my day's tutorial with Tommie Soule. Firstly, I have to say that I had a great days tuition, learnt a lot, most of which is so fundamental to painting, hence the course name 'Fundamentals of miniature Painting'. Tommie (despite being a painting rock star) is so down to earth, easy to work with & a great teacher. I would recommend to anybody wanting to improve their skill level.
Following research, advice from Tommie & customers I have decided to change my pricing structure/increase my prices. The structure has changed into three (rather than four or more) painting levels. Each of these levels having one price for a standard sized/complexity/painted mini. I can then simply +/- a percentage for non-standard minis. The result of which I feel is a simpler/fairer approach for all concerned. I'm pleased to say that all my current customers like the improvement & are 'accepting' the prince increases.
Now onto the eye candy! This latest project is the start of a much larger group of kit bashed (mainly GW) minis. They are to be used for the customer's own game & the colour schemes are the result of collaboration between us both. The second to last mini (below), big guy with gun on his shoulder includes some Green Stuff work. I filled in the stomach, which was spilling out & I added the cable from the gun to his body.
As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).