Monday, 25 January 2016

Forge World Primarch - Vulkan WIP 1h 30m

Hi All,

I hope you had a great weekend! I made it two weekends in a row of hobby goodness, more of that over on my hobby blog.

As for today, it's all about the big guy - Vulkan. Yes today I started a new commission, Vulkan Primarch of the Salamanders. This is a resin kit from Forge World, which means super detail. Unfortunately it also meant I missing left hand & lots of time spent in preparation. Thankfully FW 'were on the ball' & sent out a replacement hand today & the clean-up process wasn't all that bad.

With all the prep work completed I set to work adding some undercoats, apart from the main body, which will wait until hand is attached.

I also added some basecoats to the base, dragon shouldered/cloak & head, all of which I haven't glued onto the main mini yet ( to aid with painting).

This minis being painted to my High Tabletop level (one step down from my finest work), so tomorrow I will start adding washes & highlights to those parts painted today.

Pics:







As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment