Monday, 14 December 2015

16th C. Portuguese 28s #1 - WIP 2h 45m

Hi All,

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was mixed; on the downside I tried vertigo for most of Friday evening & Saturday. Its a bit like being drunk, without the drink or euphoria. I don't recommend it. On the positive side I rediscovered my passion for miniature sculpting. Thanks in large part to Tom Mason's fantastic YouTube channel, with lots of great tutorial vids. If that's something that 'floats your boat' you can find them HERE! I've already started on a 15mm Ork & I see this as a great hobby, replacing painting miniatures (which is now work)!

Speaking of which, today I've got all the Portuguese undercoated (twice) & the bases basecoated with the airbrush. I've also dry brushed the base tops with a couple of brown tones. I would normally do the bases last but I thought, as they are an important part of the overall look/feel of the minis & airbrushing is quicker, I'd get them done first.

In-between coats (drying-time) I created some flock tufts with my Flockbox. These will add a little more colour/interest to the bases & will be added once the painting is completed.

Pics:



As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment