Monday, 19 October 2015

Inquisitorial Gang #2 WIP 12h 20m

Hi All,

After a busy weekend editing vids for my Youtube channel (see previous post), today I was back painting the Mutants. There's been a slight change in direction by the customer, instead of a uniform gang, all members are to have an individual look. This means that I can mix it up a little & add in a few more colours. As I was working on the metallic areas, I remembered painting a similar unit of Orks some years ago which used a mixed clothing/equipment scheme. After some rummaging around my electronic painting file I found the guide & decided to use a large part of it for these mutants. The Orks had various coloured clothing & rusted weapons which is ideal for this project.

I therefore concentrated my efforts on getting all the colours I needed painting prior to a brown wash. My guide has these colours being washed first with the brown & later with a black wash, the finished result is dark/grimy/dirty, ideal for mutants.

Pics:





As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment