It's been a productive day today, I got all the African Army minis cleaned-up (some based), undercoated & basecoated. These will have a three tone camo uniform (Sand, Brown & Green), more on these tomorrow.
I then turned my attention to a slightly unusual part of this project, crocodiles! Now I don't mean tanks, but real crocodiles (the snappy type). Apparently the ruleset that my customer is using includes river infested crocs, making river crossing interesting! I really enjoyed painting these, something different.
Next I set to work on a command base which includes a map table, call me thorough, but I had to create maps for this. This involved finding a nice looking pic of a military map online, reducing it in size & printing out. I then folded one, soaked in PVA a stuck to the table. The larger opened-out map was also soaked, then positioned overhanging the table. The result will bring a little more character to the base.
Lastly, I set to work on a base of African Militia command, these are to join the rest of the African Militia from a previous commission. The WIP pic below is a little dark, as I have just washed them black. The customer has also agreed for me to base these for them, so watch this space for the completed militia.
As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).