Friday, 9 October 2015

African Army 15s - WIP 18h 45m

Hi All,

Today I got the skin tones(2) painted before washing the whole mini with Vallejo's Back (dipping) wash, I did this using a brush, removing puddles of wash as I went along. I'm really pleased with the result, but I do wonder if I could have committed the earlier brown wash, relying solely on the black? As they stand most areas have a nice muted effect I'm looking for & all the black lining is done (major bonus). There are some areas that that were previously highlighted that look like they need more, whereas in other areas the muting of the highlights works. Of course I know that the perfectionist in me has to be restrained & I will complete as planned and take it from there.

While the (controversial) wash was drying I completed work on the African Militia command stand I started a few days ago, these look great IMHO!

Then back the the dried Army, I highlighted the epaulettes(love these), boots & metal areas. The pics for the army may look a little dark, especially as the skin hasn't been highlighted yet!

Pics:




As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment