After completing my latest commission yesterday (which was a long day for me), I decided to take things a little easier today. This didn't mean I could keep away from the paints though, so I started on a new project. The Croak Raider unit is a group of ten 28mm minis from the Hordes range (by Privateer Press). These are not only a commission, but the owner has kindly agreed to let me paint them for use on my website, as part of my service page (explaining my commission levels). I also thought it would be great to make some YouTube pics as well. Initially I will work on three minis (one for each of my first three commission levels). There is also a leader which I plan to paint at my top level. Once I have the pics/vids I need I will go on to complete the whole unit of ten minis.
In addition I'm planning to paint these minis using my new Warcolours paints. The results from today's airbrushing work has been really encouraging. The paint is really easy to thin/mix for airbrushing & goes on really well. It takes a little getting used to as the paint dries a little slower to the Vallejo paints I normally use, but this can have its advantages.
As it was a short day for me, I concentrated on getting the airbrush stages completed & cleaned up. I've based these minis on the studio scheme of yellow undersides, green topsides & red hands/feet, which is based on an actual colour of frog. Tomorrow I can get into the brush work.
As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).