Monday, 27 July 2015

Dutch Cavalry (2) - WIP 4h 0m

Hi All,

I bit later update today, as my cameras battery needed a charge before I could use it.

Using the new process for painting these cavalry, I started the brush-work. This consisted mainly with painting all the non-horseflesh areas black. I started with a large brush, thinned paint & concentrated on the larger areas. I then swapped in a smaller brush, used a slightly thicker mix of paint & worked on the true black, as well as the remaining black areas. Its not a process I really enjoy which gave me pause to think about the pros & cons of the various processes Ive recently used, which are a little more complex with cavalry. I will leave final judgement to the paralleled finishing times & results of these first two Dutch Cavalry regiments.

Pics:




As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment