Monday, 15 June 2015

Arabised Vikings - WIP 12h 0m

Hi All,

Hi All, I hope you had a great weekend. Personally I did some online shopping for lots of painting supplies and some new toys - A Flames of War Open Fire box set. You will no doubt see more of this over on my personal blog soon.

I also finished editing the first part of a YouTube video on how to paint armoured Normans, heres a link if you haven't seen it yet - How to Paint - Amour Normans

After editing this I mostly completed my painting guide for Dark Age Warriors. Im using this to paint the Vikings & will share once they are completed.

Speaking of painting guides, I also started work on one for some modern day African Militia, as well as getting them undercoated (more on them soon).

Back to today. Firstly, I got all the wooden weapons & scabbards highlighted.  With these completed the remaining paintwork is made of of the various clothing & shield design colours.

I decided to start with white first, as this can take several coats to get a good finish & I'd rather do these when there are less colours around it to potentially mess up. At this point I decided that white will form one of the main signature colours of the unit. After studying my paint guide I realised that it would make sense to also paint the blue colours with the white, as all were shaded with blue ink (saving me time). Blue tones will also contrast well with the hair/skin tones.

I managed to complete the basecoats for the white, light blue, mid blue & apply both light/dark washes of blue. You should notice three distinct shades of blue on the pics below. The lightest to be highlighted upto a blue-white, a lighter shade of 'baby' blue & a dark blue. You can also see some of the shield designs starting to develop (which will look great once cleaned-up).

Tomorrow I plan to highlight these three colours before moving onto some red shades.

Pics:



As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment