Tuesday, 17 February 2015

LoA 10s #2 - Austro/Swab/Franco/Sax Cavalry - WIP 4h 15m

Hi All,

Well my best laid plans for pre-shading dint work out as I hoped; the highlights not 'popping' as I hoped they would. This left me with a choice of highlighting by hand, re-airbrushing or coming up with a new plan. I chose the later, re-worked my painting guide and added new highlights to the cavalry with the airbrush.

The new guide (a universal one for LoA cavalry, in line with the infantry one) uses a black undercoat, zenithal highlights are added from 45 then 33 degrees with lighter shades on the 33 degree passes. I have seven colours for the horse flesh: white, light/dark grey, light/dark brown, chestnut & black.(see below's pics)

Today therefore, has been a frustrating one with time lost on a misjudgement and eating of humble pie. However, the end results were good.

Pics:








As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment