Friday, 5 December 2014

LoA 10s #1 - French Infantry Prep

I wasn't planning an update today, but it felt right to do so(seen as Ive worked all day)!

This morning Ive been preparing the French infantry(all fourteen regiments of them) for painting. This involved cleaning off any flash from the minis, which was a minimum(mostly on the underside of the base). Gluing them to sticks(more on this later) to make them easier to handle when painting. Then supergluing the pikes to the Pikemen were needed. I have a couple of pics below of the massed ranks prepared for their colour.

This afternoon Ive spent my time removing the French cavalry(that was completed yesterday) from their sticks. I re-learnt a couple of lessons doing this; don't pull a sharp implement(such as a hobby/Stanley knife) towards you, I'm currently sporting plasters on both hands as a result of slipping/stabbing/slashing myself(USE A CUTTING MAT!). Secondly, when attaching minis to sticks, do so with thinned PVA to prevent a more permanent bond(which can lead to overuse of said hobby knife).

To ease my soreness and help put the smile back on my face I took some more pics of the French cavalry in various formations.

Pics:







As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment