Tuesday, 18 November 2014

LoA 10s #1 - Day 2

Hi all, Today I started were I left off yesterday, in front of the spray booth. I completed the basic colours for the cavalry then applied a gloss varnish layer to all the Bavarians.

Then my first dilemma, do I work on all the Bavarians at once or concentrate on the cavalry or infantry first? If their colour schemes were the same or very similar then I would do them together. In the end I decided to work on the cavalry first and get the horses/equipment completed. This way the horse troopers and infantry should paint well together. Then I remembered that the cuirassiers have white tunics!

So, today I have concentrated my efforts on the cavalry. The horse flesh and equipment is completed, as are the blue and wood areas. I also couldn't resit dry brushing the infantry, this simple step really makes them pop.

Here are some pics(now in a new larger format), which due to there early stage are a little dark(except for the infantry, wow):






As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment