Monday, 17 November 2014

LoA 10s #1 - Day 1

And so it begins! Today I started work on my largest commission to date.


Here it the bag of over 500 10mm minis, it must have weighed over two pounds

These are all Pendraken minis from the League of Augsburg(LoA) range, primarily French with a smattering of Bavarians. If you follow this blog you will have seen me complete some of the Bavarians as a sample order(see links for details).

Being as this is such a large commission I will be cutting it up into easier to manage parts, starting with the Bavarians.

I started my day in front of my bench grinder. I find this is a great time saver when you have a large amount of base bottoms to clean.
Then I got stuck in with side cutters, hobby knife
and files to complete the clean-up.
The minis where then white glued to hobby
sticks(to make painting easier).
While these were drying, I prepared a batch of
pikes(using paper clips) as the Bavarians
didn't bring their own(unlike the resourceful French).
These were attached to the minis with superglue.
Here are the Bavarian infantry, minus their pikes!
And the Bavarian cavalry!
All the Bavarians(including pikes awaiting paint!
While waiting for the white glue to dry on the Bavarians I prepped the French cavalry, there are quite a few of these!
The larger French cavalry force!
I had time to start airbrushing the Bavarians. The cavalry need a little more airbrushing and the infantry completed this stage and will be ready for some brush work tomorrow.
The loverly Deep Sky Blue(VMC) Bavarians!

A clearer view of a Bavarian regiment

As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment