Fin; Yes the French are completed! It went to the eleventh hour, but I was determined to finish today. Ive really enjoyed working on these cavalry and the Napoleonics generally. There is a great sense of satisfaction gained from recreating a paint scheme matching that used historically, something that can't be matched by fantasy armies. I hope to work on many Napoleonic armies in future, I may even get a chance to expand on this one?
Here's what completed today's work:
- Highlight the steal areas with a coat of Chainmail Silver(VGC)
- Re-highlight the steal areas with a coat of Silver(VGC)
- Highlight the brass areas with a coat of Brassy Brass(VGC)
- Re-highlight the brass areas with a coat of Glorious Gold(VGC)
- Highlight the flesh areas with a coat of Medium Fleshtone(VMC)
- Re-highlight the flesh areas with a coat of Flat Flesh(VMC)
- Highlight the hair & breeches with a coat of Rakarth Flesh(C)
- Paint all the white horse cloth edging, straps, sheepskins(not Trumpeters), knee covers, gloves & officers’ epaulets with a coat of Heavy Bluegrey(VGC)
- Highlight all the white areas with a coat of Dead White(VGC)
- Re-highlight the grey horses & breeches (clean-up the white areas) with a coat of Dead White(VGC)
- Blackline where needed with a coat of Black
- Airbrush the whole mini with a 1:1 mix of Matt Varnish(V):Airbrush Thinner(V)
And the finished pics:
As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).