Busy, busy, busy. Yes I've started work on the second half of the US Airborne. Ive decided to paint all this half the same as the first (as seen on the Warlord Games website), this means that its much easier to complete them as one group.
Today consisted of all the undercoating and some of the base coating:
- Apply an undercoat with the airbrush using a 1:1:1 mix of White:Black Surface Primer(V):Airbrush Thinner(V)
- Airbrush the whole mini with a 1:1 mix of German Camo Beige(VMC):Airbrush Thinner(V)
- Paint the skin with a coat of Heavy Skintone(VGC)
- Paint the helmets, dark green equipment (grenades, MP/BAR pouches & medic’s webbing) with a coat of US Dark Green(VMC)
- Paint the wood (rifle, handles), chin strap, boots & any holsters with a thinned coat of Heavy Sienna(VGC)
Here are a few pics:
As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).