Busy day today with these US Airborne. My aim for the day was to get them unto the paint of washing, which I'm one stage off, but still happy with today's results.
- Paint the wood (rifle, handles), chin strap, boots & any holsters with a thinned coat of Heavy Sienna(VGC)
- Paint the webbing, backpacks, ammo pouches & entrenching tools/canteen covers with a coat of Deck Tan(VMC)
- Paint any first aid packs with a coat of Heavy Grey(VGC)
- Paint the helmet camo cloth & any Musette bags with a coat of Green Ochre(VMC)
- Paint the elbow/knee patches with a coat of Reflective Green(VMC)
- Paint knife covers with a coat of Rakarth Flesh(C)
- Paint any gloves with a coat of Zandri Dust(C)
- Paint the metal parts with a thinned coat of Heavy Charcoal(VGC)
- Dampbrush any ammo belts (previously painted Heavy Charcoal) with a coat of Brassy Brass(VGC)
- Paint the whole base including the rim with a thinned coat of Flat Earth(VMC)
This means that my next stage is to clean-up the base colours, especially the uniform before adding the wash, then starting on the highlights.
Here are a few pics, using a blue background; for a change, I will probably go back to white, as the colour balance is better:
As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).