I started work on the BA US Airborne today. I have split the force into three parts, this will make the work more manageable, also one of the parts (the artillery & Jeeps) will be painted differently to the main force. Today I'm starting on 19 Paratroopers plus two MMG teams and a Mortar team (9 additional Paras).
I have made a few minor changes to the painted guide (seen on my previous post), most of these are to include specifics like Musette bags, pistol holsters etc.
Heres what Ive done today:
- Apply an undercoat with the airbrush using a 1:1:1 mix of White:Black Surface Primer(V):Airbrush Thinner(V)
- Airbrush the whole mini with a 1:1 mix of German Camo Beige(VMC):Airbrush Thinner(V)
- Paint the skin with a coat of Heavy Skintone(VGC)
- Paint the webbing, backpacks, ammo pouches & entrenching tools/canteen covers with a coat of Deck Tan(VMC)
- Paint the helmets, dark green equipment (grenades, MP/BAR pouches) with a coat of US Dark Green(VMC)
As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).