Tuesday, 9 September 2014

French Napoleonic 18s #5 - Day 3

Today started as planned with the minis being airbrushed with Gloss varnish. Once dry I applied a coat of black wash, again with the airbrush. I prepared to start work on the dried minis, when I realised that the black wash wasn't black enough; I applied another coat.  

As an aside (while waiting for the wash to dry) I uploaded a YouTube series of videos on "How to Paint Pendraken Miniatures: SYW French Line Infantry". Which at Part One

Then I painted the flesh areas with a coat of Heavy Skintone(VGC). Paint the brown cloth/hair with a coat of Heavy Brown(VGC). Wash the flesh (chestnut and bay horses), brown cloth/hair with a coat of Agrax Earthshade(C)

Pics:





















As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment