Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Bavarian 9YW 10s #1 - Day 3

Its been an exciting day for me! I had a new iMac, Flockbox and the next batch of French Napoleonic 18s delivered. The iMac is currently transferring files from my PC, which it has been doing all day; I've a feeling it will be doing it all night to. I hope that this new piece of kit will improve upon my pic/movies etc. The Flockbox is a great piece of tech from Warpainter. Essentially it makes flocking minis more fun, with better results and also enables me to make flock tufts. I've had a quick play with the device today and I'm really impressed with the results so far. The French, as always look amazing, more from them in the week.

As for the Bavarians, the infantry are completed and both the cavalry have more colour. My plans for the blacklining didnt work out and I had to use the traditional loooooong method. The result however, are great IMHO. I was able to come up with an improved method of blacklining for the cavalry. After the basecoats of brown (see day 1) I applied a black wash using my own Soft Body Black(MM). Once this dried it left the mini looking like it had been completely blacklined. Following this I will very carefully block paint as normal, therefore maintaining the blacklining. It's a slower process, but the results are very good.

Here's the rest of what's been done:
Highlighted the cuirassier' horses with a slightly thinned coat of Dark Fleshtone(VGC)
Highlighted the cuirassier' houses leather with an unthinned coat of Zandri Dust(C)
Painted the cuirassier' cuffs, horse cloths, pistol covers & portmanteau tops with a slightly thinned coat of Deep Sky Blue(VMC)
Highlighted the horse' horses with a slightly thinned coat of Flat Earth(VMC)
Highlighted the horse' horses leather with an unthinned coat of Dark Fleshtone(C)
Painted the horse' tunics, horse cloths, pistol covers & portmanteau tops with a slightly thinned coat of Deep Sky Blue(VMC)

Pics, including some of the infantry off the sticks and in formation:

















As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment