Wednesday, 20 August 2014

French Napoleonic 18s #4 - Day 1

Started a new project today, well an addition to the Napoleonic 18s project. I'm excited about this one for two main reasons firstly its more AB Miniatures Napoleonics, including cavalry (Line Dragoons). Secondly I have decided to film this painting guide to add to my YouTube channel. In addition, I've decided to take individual pics of each sticks minis (front and back) to create a good record to add to the painting guide.

I got these minis late in the day yesterday, so all I could was attach them to their painting sticks. Here's what I have done today:

Apply an undercoat with the airbrush using a 1:1 mix of Black Surface Primer(V):Airbrush Thinner(V)
Airbrush/dust the minis to create zenith highlights with a 1:1 mix of Cold Grey(VGC):Airbrush Thinner(V)
Airbrush the tunics (Infantry) with two coats of a 1:1 mix of Dark Prussian Blue(VMC):Airbrush Thinner(V)
Airbrush the brown horses with two coats of a 1:1 mix of Charred Brown(VGC):Airbrush Thinner(V)
Airbrush the bay horses with two coats of a 1:1 mix of Leather Brown(VGC):Airbrush Thinner(V)
Paint the knapsacks, muskets, water gourds, pistols and any red-brown cloth/leather with a coat of Heavy Sienna(VGC)

Today's pics:

















As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment