Friday, 8 August 2014

French Napoleonic 18s #3 - Day 1

Another week, another regiment! This week I start a French Light Infantry regiment. Again these are the excellent AB miniatures, there's 32 in total including Carabiniers in bearskins and Voltigeurs in colpacks.
So enthusiastic was I to make a start on these (I love these minis and I have a new painting guide/technique to try out), that I started last night. After all the rest of the family were busy and I was at a loose end. 
The new look plan is to paint all the base colours that can be washed in black first and wash them with the airbrush. This should speed up the painting process without reducing end results. Its been a busy day/night and I have a lot completed; here's what I've done so far.
As the minis were prepared by the customer (Ta very much!) and I had already glued them to temporary bases, It was time to start painting. Last night I got all the initial airbrushing completed.
This consisted of priming the minis black, dusting them with Cold Grey(VGC) then giving them a couple of coats of Dark Prussian Blue(VMC).
Today I started the basecoats with the blush. Firstly the knapsack, muskets and some brown cloth(campaign style) were painted Heavy Sienna(VGC).
Red cloth and feathers, Heavy Red(VGC).
Green cloth and feathers, Heavy Black Green(VGC).
Grey cloth and blanket rolls, Dark Grey(VMC).
Steel and Silver, Chainmail Silver(VGC).
Brass, Brassy Brass(VGC).

Here are the results so far





As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment