Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Workbench - Intro - Lord Curr's Company

This is my latest project/commission, Lord Curr's Company are a box set of eleven 28mm minis. They are made by North Star Military Figures for use with the 'In Her Majesty's Name' rules published by Osprey. Both the game rules and the mini manufacturer are new to me, from the little research I have done the rules look to be easy to understand/play using a D10 system. They are set in the Victorian steampunk era, a favourite of mine; and as you will see below each individual mini is, well individual (no repetitive sculpts here). Here are a couple of picks of the box art.

 
I was intending to post pics of the bare sculpts, but I deleted them by mistake after starting to paint them (sorry). What I can say about them is overwhelmingly positive. The minis look great with lots of movement and character, flash/mould lines are minimal and my only negative criticism is that they have no bases supplied. For the minis I'm working on I will add Warmachine bases.
 
The pics below are the earliest ones I haven't deleted. They have been cleaned-up, undercoated white and the flesh has been airbrushed with a basecoat.











As always if you would like a closer look at any pictures above, click on them. If you have any comments or would like to ask me questions or provide feedback, please fill in the comments box below (this will be moderated before being published on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment